The health and well-being of our guests and employees is our top priority. At the current time, we are actively monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and will continue to follow guidelines from these agencies and local health authorities. Up to date information about COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/index.html
ENHANCED CLEANING AND OPERATIONAL STANDARDS PLAN
For the comfort and safety of our guests and staff, we’ve implemented precautionary measures in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Province of Manitoba. View our Sparrow Hotels STAY+SAFE Program here.
PREVENTATIVE ON-PROPERTY MEASURES
We have implemented the following initial strategies to protect our guests and staff:
- Mandatory mask requirements for all guests and staff
- Providing our staff and guests with clear communication on our policies and strategies going forward
- Placing hand sanitizers throughout all properties
- Implementing a mandatory “stay home if sick’ policy
- Encouraging staff to be extra diligent in following proper hygiene protocols
- Washing all high touch point public and staff areas every two hours (doorknobs, hard surfaces, elevators buttons etc.)
- Utilizing sanitation products that are confirmed to kill the virus
- Sanitizing all guest room surfaces capable of carrying the virus by a supervisor or manager during the daily room check
- Occupied guest rooms will be placed out of order for a period of 3 days after check-out before the room will be extensively cleaned and sanitized for the next guest
- The Hotel will make all efforts to space out occupied rooms
- Key Cards are sanitized before and after use
- Drivers of food delivery apps will not be permitted on guest floors. Drivers will deliver food in a contactless manner to the hotel lobby, and guests can retrieve their order or have hotel staff place it outside their guestroom door.
- Implementing a staff travel plan requiring staff returning from high risk countries to self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work
RESERVATIONS + CANCELLATIONS
Many rates have flexible cancellation policies as we understand that plans can change quickly. Please review the applicable policies when making your reservation. We encourage guests with questions or concerns regarding upcoming reservations to contact 204-594-0333 for assistance.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have implemented new check-in and check-out procedures. Access to the hotel will be via the main front entrance, and will be accessible by keycard only during this time. Guests arriving to the hotel for check-in will be welcomed into the hotel by an agent. Anyone entering the hotel will be required to use the hand sanitizing station immediately upon entry. Physical distancing measures are in place in the lobby to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
It is recommended to all guests to arrange payment for their reservation prior to arrival, but a payment terminal will be located at a safe distance away from the front desk to process payment if required. Payment terminals and other touch points in the hotel lobby are cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis, including before and after guest use each time. Multiple hand sanitizing stations are available to guests in the hotel lobby.
Upon check-out, any remaining balance will be settled to the credit card on file and guests do not need to come to the front desk to check-out. Room keys are requested to be left behind in the room or the basket at the front desk, and requests for additional copies of the invoice will be emailed.
PREVENTATIVE TRAVEL TIPS
- Travel with your own hand sanitizers or disinfectant wipes
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you are sick
- When coughing or sneezing:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
- Immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I cancel my reservation?
If your travels have been impacted due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact the hotel directly for additional information. The hotel will make all efforts possible to assist guests with cancellations or changes as we understand travel plans can change on short notice. Guests who have booked via third party websites (Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com etc) or other third party travel agents, are advised to contact their booking provider for information. For all other reservations, please refer to the cancellation policy at point of booking, or call the hotel directly for additional information at 204-594-0333.
Can I re-book for a different date in the future?
You may be eligible to move your reservation to a future date without penalty. Incremental rate changes may apply. Please refer to the cancellation policy at point of booking, or call the hotel directly for additional information at 204-594-0333.
What preventative measures are in place at the hotel?
Please refer to the "Preventative On-Property Measures" section above, or contact the hotel directly at 204-594-0333 for additional concerns.
Is there a travel ban?
For information related to travel advisories or travel bans as a result of COVID-19, please refer to https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
What if I get sick while traveling?
We recommend that you seek out local medical attention and follow health protocols as they require including self-isolation/quarantine. Please inform the Front Desk by dialing "0" from your guestroom phone if you have suspected symptoms and are seeking medical attention.
For additional questions about your reservations, please contact the hotel directly at 204-594-0333. For the most updated information on COVID-19, please refer to https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/index.html or the World Health Organization website.